Illustrated Anatomy of the Head and Neck
- Updated content includesevidence-based information on hot topics such as caries risk, periodontal disease, local anesthesia administration, and infection control.
- NEW! Additional full-color illustrations and photographs support text descriptions and help ensure complete comprehension.
- Updated review questions are included in every chapter to correlate with new content.
- A companion Evolve website offers more practice with case studies, image identification, and flashcards.
4 th Edition
By Margaret J. Fehrenbach, RDH, MS, Dental Hygiene Educational Consultant and Dental Science Technical Writer, Seattle, WA and Susan W. Herring, PhD, Professor, Department of Oral Biology, School of Dentistry, Adjunct Professor, Department of Biology, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington
Table of Contents:
1. Introduction to Head and Neck Anatomy
2. Surface Anatomy
3. Skeletal System
4. Muscular System
5. Temporomandibular Joint
6. Vascular System
7. Glandular Tissue
8. Nervous System
9. Anatomy of Local Anesthesia
10. Lymphatic System
11. Fascia and Spaces
12. Spread of Dental Infection
Appendix A: Procedures for the Performance of Extraoral and Intraoral Examinations
Glossary of Key Terms and Anatomical Structures