The Administrative Dental
- Comprehensive coverage and interactive exercises teach you all the skills and content you need to succeed as an administrative dental assistant in today's dental office.
- Trusted author Linda Gaylor lends years of experience as a practicing dental assistant, instructor of dental assisting, and curriculum director.
- Friendly, readable writing style presents need-to-know content in a way that is easy to grasp.
- Logical organization helps you build a solid foundation in the dental and administrative basics before moving on to more complex duties.
- HIPAA boxes keep you well-versed in the rules and regulations of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act.
- Procedure boxes provide step-by-step instructions on a wide variety of dental office duties.
- Remember boxes summarize chapter content and call your attention to key points in ADA practice.
- Anatomy of images explain the idea or rationale behind common dental office equipment and administrative tasks.
- Patient file folder gives you experience with proper handling of confidential documents.
- Critical Thinking questions help you recall and relate information learned within the chapter.
- Art program showcases images of electronic and traditional paperwork, actual offices, equipment, and technology to help reinforce the text.
- Bolded vocabulary terms and glossary give you a foundation for effective office communication.
- Key points summarize chapter concepts and help ensure you understand important material before moving on.
- Learning objectives set goals for what you will accomplish and serve as a checkpoint for your comprehension and as an exam study tool.
- Chapter outlines organize content, set the stage for the chapter, and can also be used as a review resource.
- Summary tables and boxes condense text discussions in an easy-to-read or visual format.
- Web links provide additional sources of information on any given topic.
- Bibliography allows you to easily find sources for further information on any of the text topics.
- Colorful textbook design organizes the text's content and features and helps engage you in the material.
- Complementary workbook (sold separately) includes a variety of practice exercises, games, and the latest practice management software to refine your understanding of administrative dental assisting skills and tasks.
- Student Resources on Evolve website feature additional online games, exercises, and resources to enhance your learning beyond the book.
- NEW! New content keeps you at the forefront of the processes and procedures in today's paperless dental office.
- NEW! Online simulation tool provides realistic practice in the foundational tasks you need to work as an administrative dental assistant.
- NEW! Additional illustrations and photographs familiarize you with new technology and the benefits of dental practice management software.
- NEW! What Would You Do? feature boxes depict common situations dental assistants face in the workplace.
- NEW! Student practice exercises on Evolve website help you assess your readiness and prepare for examinations.
- NEW! Dentrix G4 Learning Edition CD-Rom with the workbook familiarizes you with the professional practice management software in use today.