Dental Instruments, 3rd Edition - A Pocket Guide
By Linda Bartolomucci Boyd, CDA, RDA, BA, Dental Assisting Program,
Diablo Valley College, Pleasant Hill, CA
- More than 450 high-quality photographs and illustrations depict
instruments in both full detail and individual components for quick,
- The convenient pocket-sized, spiral-bound design makes it easy to access
information at a glance and in any setting.
- The unique, full-color, flashcard-style format helps you test your
retention and understanding.
- Dedicated coverage of dental specialties provides quick reference to
specific tools you’ll need for procedures in endodontics, orthodontics,
periodontics, and oral surgery.
- A companion Evolve website enables you to apply what you’ve learned with
interactive drag-and-drop tray setup exercises and verify your knowledge
through self-assessment quizzes.
New to this Edition
- 3 new chapters familiarize you with preventive instruments and bleaching
trays, dental materials equipment, and radiography equipment.
- 20 additional orthodontic instruments keep you up-to-date with the
latest tools in orthodontic practice.
- New tray setup images demonstrate proper instrument arrangement for 24
common procedures, including 9 new to this edition.
- Practice Notes now provide helpful usage tips and guidelines for every
- Sterilization Notes present proper procedures for sterilizing or
discarding each instrument.
- More than 100 Instruments In Use photographs visually enhance your
understanding of instrument use with patients.
Table of Contents
1. Basic Dental Instruments
2. Enamel Cutting Instruments
3. Local Anesthetic Syringe and Components
4. Evacuation Devices and Air/Water Syringe
5. Dental Handpieces
6. Burs for High-Speed and Low-Speed Handpieces
7. Dental Dam Instruments
8. Amalgam Instruments
9. Composite Instruments
10. Crown and Bridge Instruments
11. Endodontic Instruments
12. Hygiene Instruments
13. Preventive Instruments and Bleaching Trays
14. Orthodontic Instruments
15. Universal Surgical Instruments
16. Periodontal Instruments
17. Oral Surgery Extraction Instruments
18. Sterilization Equipment
19. Dental Material Equipment
20. Radiography Equipment