Dental Implants: The Art and Science
New to This Edition
- Coverage of the newest techniques includes CT/CBCT and interactive virtual treatment planning, Teeth In A Day and Teeth In An Hour, the use of implants in children, the new NobelActiveTM implant from NobelBiocare, Piezoelectric bone surgery, and the All-on-4 concept.
- Twenty chapters are new to this edition, reflecting the rapidly changing field of dental implants.
- New! The Future Need and Demand for Dental Implants chapter includes a general description of tooth loss plus the field's growth and trends.
- New! The Business of Implant Dentistry chapter looks at how implant dentistry has evolved from a small part of a few clinical practices into a global business with thousands of clinicians placing and restoring implants manufactured by more than 100 companies, including coverage of cost and overhead plus insurance coverage.
- New! Essential Systems for Team Training in the Dental Implant Practice chapter looks at how to train the entire dental team in the procedures required to successfully complete implant cases, including the four pre-surgical phases (diagnostic work up, laboratory procedures, treatment planning conference, and case presentation).
- New! Dental Implant Therapy for Medically Compromised Patients chapter focuses on systemic factors that have an impact on the indications, contraindications, and success rates of endosseous implants.
- New! The Use of CT/CBCT and Interactive Virtual Treatment Planning and the Triangle of Bone chapter introduces treatment planning methodologies which will define new paradigms which can be universally applied to a variety of clinical presentations for partially and fully edentate patients.
- New! Peri-Implant Soft Tissues chapter looks at the healing of the connective tissue after installation of the transmucosal implant component, as well as other issues.
- New! Contemporary Sinus-Lift Subantral Surgery and Grafting Procedures chapter discusses the sinus lift subantral augmentation treatment, including biologic and anatomic considerations, vascular supply, elevation of the schneiderian membrane, and more.
- New! Graftless Solutions for Atrophic Maxilla chapter addresses pre-treatment planning, systematic evaluation of the edentulous maxillae, and factors for successful treatment.
- New! Complex Implant Restorative Therapy chapter promotes successful restorative outcomes with guidelines for evaluation of the patient plus dental evaluation, case planning, treatment presentation, provisional restorations, soft tissue esthetics, and eight different treatment scenarios.
- New! Intraoral Bone Grafts for Dental Implants chapter addresses bone biology, pre-op evaluation and planning of the bone graft surgery, patient preparation, the bone graft donor site, the graft recipient site, and implant placement in onlay grafts.
- New! The Use of Computerized Treatment Planning and a Customized Surgical Template to Achieve Optimal Implant Placement chapter introduces the guided implant surgery concept combining presurgical planning and computerized surgical-guide fabrication with presurgical fabrication of a provisional or final prosthesis that can be delivered at the time of surgery.
- New! Teeth In A Day and Teeth In An Hour chapter describes implant protocols for immediate function and esthetics.
- New! Extraction Immediate Implant Reconstruction chapter presents clinical guidelines for placing implants immediately following extraction, from single tooth to full mouth, and illustrates this concept with nine cases.
- Over 1,100 full-color clinical photographs and line drawings help to clarify important concepts and provide step-by-step guidance for specific techniques.
- All aspects of both business and patient care are covered, including risk management, patient selection and master planning, radiographic evaluation, surgical techniques, postoperative care, maintenance, and dental hygiene.
- Highly-regarded lead author Charles A. Babbush, DDS, MScD, is one of the leading dental implant surgeons in the world and a highly regarded educator, speaker, and author.
- Expert contributors from all over the world describe the latest advances in implantology and represent the forefront of research.
"A complete overview of everything the rapidly evolving field of implantology currently has to offer."
De Tandarts, June 2011
"In addition to the named editors, over 40 other specialists have contributed to this 500-page work. This volume has increased its chapters to deal with more recent topics, including: piezosurgery related to implant reconstruction; management of patients with facial disfigurement; and the use of computed tomography/cone beam computed tomography and interactive virtual treatment planning."
BDA News, May 2011