A Manual of
Oral Surgery for General Dental Practitioners
**Fully illustrated with step-by-step clinical photography
**Demonstrates every-day procedures as well as more advanced surgery
**Designed specifically for the general dental practice
**Provides patient management guidelines and appropriate safety protocols
1. Patient Evaluation and Medical History- Author: Dr. R. Thane Hales
2. Surgical Extractions- Authors: Dr. Hussam S.Batal and Dr. Greg Jacob
3. Third Molar Impactions- Authors: Dr. Pushkar Mehra and Dr. Shant Baran
4. Pre-Prosthetic Oral Surgery- Authors: Dr. Ruben Figueroa and Dr.
5. Conservative Surgical Crown Lengthening- Author: Dr. George M. Bailey
6. Endodontic Periradicular Microsurgery- Author: Dr. Louay Abrass
7. Diagnosis and Treatment of Oral Lesions- Authors: Dr. Joseph D.
Christensen and Dr. Karl R. Koerner
8. Anxiolysis for Oral Surgery and Other Dental Procedures- Authors: Dr.
9. Odontogenic Infections and Antibiotic Administration- Author: Dr. Thane
10. Management of Perioperative Bleeding- Authors: Dr. Karl R. Koerner,
and Dr. William L. McBee
11. Third World Volunteer Dentistry- Dr. Richard C. Smith
About the Authors:
Karl R. Koerner, DDS, MS, Private Practice. Consultant with Clinical
Research Associates in Provo, UT, International Lecturer and Clinician.
Pushkar Mehra, BDS, DMD, Director, Department of Dentistry and Oral
and Maxillofacial Surgery, Boston Medical Center; Director, Department of
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Boston University Medical Center;
Assistant Professor, Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Boston
University School of Dental Medicine.
Shant Baran, DMD, Resident, Department of Oral and Maxillofacial
Surgery, Boston University School of Dental Medicine and Boston Medical
George M. Bailey, DDS, MS Associate Professor University of Utah
Medical School/Creighton School of Dentistry, President/Lecturer
CPSeminars, Private Practice Periodontics.
William L. McBee, DDS, Private Practice Limited to Oral and
Maxillofacial Surgery in Provo, UT.
Joseph D. Christensen, DMD, Private General Practice, Salt Lake
Richard C. Smith, DDS, Private General Practice (Retired) Westlake
Village, CA., Chairman of Ayuda Incorporated
Hussam S. Batal, DMD, Assistant Professor Department of Oral and
Maxillofacial Surgery, Boston University
Gregg A. Jacob, DMD, Private Practice, Summit Oral and
Maxillofacial Surgery, P.A., Summit NJ
Louay M. Abrass, DMD, Assistant Clinical Professor, Department of
Endodontics, Boston University School of Dental Medicine. Adjunct
Assistant Professor, Departrment of Endodontics, University of
Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine. Private Practice Limited to
Endodontics in Boston and Wellesley, Massachusetts.
R. Thane Hales, DMD, Founder and Director of the Wasatch Surgical
Institute, International Lecturer and Clinician, Private Practice
Ruben Figueroa, DMD, MS Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon. Assistant
Professor, Director Predoctoral Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, Director
Oral Surgery Clinic Boston University, Henry Goldman School of Dental
Abhishek Mogre, BDS, Current Advanced Standing DMD Student. Vice
President Predoctoral Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, Boston
University, Henry Goldman School of Dental Medicine.
Fred Quarnstrom, DDS, Clinical Faculty of Dentistry, University of
British Columbia; Affiliate Assistant Professor University of Washington
School of Dentistry; Dental Anesthesiologist also in General Dental
Practice, Seattle, Washington
Readership: General dentists; undergraduate and graduate dental
students; endodontists worldwide.