and Esthetic Reconstruction
- Offers complete coverage of maxillofacial trauma highlighted by an unparalleled collection of outstanding, full-color photographs, and highly detailed line drawings that clarify surgical procedures.
- Addresses secondary surgery in a dedicated section, covering such topics as facial scar management; secondary osteotomies and bone grafting to correct deformities; bone distraction, used commonly with congenital malformations; secondary rhinoplasty for traumatic nasal deformities, which are associated with a variety of cosmetic and functional issues; secondary orbital surgery; facial nerve injuries; and psychological support for patient with facial trauma.
- Features an outstanding, full-color art program, with more than 750 color photos that cover all aspects of injury and treatment, and 250 color line drawings that walk you step by step through surgical procedures.
- Includes contributions from a "who's who" list of international experts in oral and maxillofacial surgery, psychology, ophthalmology, neurosurgery, plastic surgery, and craniofacial surgery.
- Discusses the latest etiology and management of trauma, walking you through all aspects of injury, treatment, and surgical procedures.
- Provides stabilizing guidance prior to surgery in the acute care chapter.
- Presents updated information on new imaging technology, current surgical procedures, and innovative treatment software throughout.
- Includes more illustrations to guide you to the best radiologic investigation for each injury.
- Relates brain injury to the overall management of the face for both function and esthetics.
- Contains updated guidelines on facial fractures, expanded information on psychological problems following facial trauma, and a new chapter on pediatric trauma.