Spanish Terminology for the Dental Team
- A companion, audio CD-ROM is included and provides the English to Spanish
translation of every phrase in the book.
- Content covers everything from salutations to case histories and follow up
care — in the style dentists and assistants interact with patients.
- The highly portable, pocket guide format is easy to reference when taking
a history or working with a patient.
- Terminology included in this reference covers the gamut of topics that are
essential to effective communication in the dental office — related to both
administration and procedures.
- Clinical exchanges covered in the book include those that deal with the
hygiene appointment, the dentist's preventive checkup, taking x-rays, and
- More specific phrases are found on the specialty dental visits — including
periodontics, endodontics, orthodontics, prosthodontics, and cosmetic
dentistry — as well as front office exchanges between a patient and the
- Content covers speaking to pediatric patients and includes more simplistic
- Informal expressions provide more casual phrases to use with the patient.
- A comprehensive glossary offers an English to Spanish list of common words
and phrases divided by categories — such as days of the week, interrogative
questions, common dental terms, and other terms in common use that are not
necessarily related to dentistry.
- Each English phrase appears in boldface type, and beneath the English
phrase is the same phrase in Spanish, not in boldface.
- Several versions of equivalent expressions are provided to ensure that
individuals with different styles of communication will be able to select the
expressions that they like best.